Saturday, April 21, 2007

Basket ball inspired this card.

DH is watching some basketball right now. I noticed again how the little end zone thingie looks like it would make a cool card design. I asked Brian what the part witht he circle and the lines, where they shoot the free throws from is called. He said it's the "key". Here's a link to a pic of the whole court. I'm talking about the circle part down to the end... Anyhow look at that, then look at my card and you will see what I mean.

So... I decided today was the day to make the card inspired by the basketball key. I've been thinking about it for a few weeks. I started by cutting my cool caribbean cardstock to 4.25x11 and folding it in half, like a normal top fold card. Then I took my coluzzle and cut a circle whose diameter was less than the width of the card. I adhered that circle so half of it stuck up. Now I had a cool looking card that would not fit in any envelopes I have so I cut a few inches off so that from the top of the circle to the bottom of the card would be 5.5 inches. Turned out for my card that made the blue folded part 4 inches tall. So I cut two quarter inch by four inch strips (ribbon would have been cooler I just realized!) and adhered them down the sides. Slapped some prima flowers (which have you noticed I almost never use) with a brad onto a white giga scalloped circle (thanks Linzy again!) and did the doodles with a marker. I used the words from the Delight In Life SU Sell-A-Bration set and added another prima with a brad over the little flower on the phrase. And that's the whole story about this card.


I made something else, but it's a gift for someone who reads this blog so I can't show you for a while. ;)

3 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Amazing! Love the card, your photo with the basketball, how you thought of the design... You Go Girl!

Suzi said...

How cute is this?? You will never cease to amaze me! You rock!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever!!!
Cinda