Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ton of cards.

I know I haven't posted for a while. Lemme make up for it:
I love this bird. He's from Hambo Stamps. I had a great time coloring him, then didn't know what to put with him. I decided he had a tropical look to him and might have been hanging aroudn with pirates enough to pick up the lingo. The "Ahoy Matey" is from the SU set by the same name. I cuttlebugged the black. Oh can you tell there is ribbon on the little tag. I spend a while getting that ribbon tied just right only to remember it goes on a black background anyhow! Opps! He's colored with prismacolor markers.
This is a simple Papertrey ladybug card. I am so glad I got these papertrey stamps. The bug is stamped in my favorite color Cool Caribbean. If you love it too you should call your SU rep because it's being retired. :(
Showing off my new punches here. Do you like the inside circle doodle? I think I like that look. The stamp is a Fluffles of course, I colored with watercolor pencil. The background stamping is from my newest stamps Hero Arts clear border stamps. CUTE.
I guess you know what this is, papertrey ladybugs in cool caribbean.
Another fluffles. This one is really simple. It's colored with watercolor pencils again. :)
I have this new wheel from SU that is "Farmyard Jumbo Wheel" it's also being retired so if you love this and the next card you'll want to call your SU demo. I rolled out a section of it then punched circles that I liked and colored them.
Same as above but with ribbon instead of a phrase. :)
Avast Yeee! I love pirates. This is a "smelly pirate" As is the next one. I stamped them on the colored paper then took a paintbrush in bleach and washed out the inside areas so I could color them with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. It was smelly and gross and I'll never do it again. Butthey turned out sorta cute. The crackle stamp is TAC.
On this one to get all the scallop I layered multiple punchies of the mega scallop square punch. It took 6 of them to do the main image and another three to do the bottom strip. Oh and I did not realize until I was posting them that this is the same layout as the one above it just turned on it's side. Time to dig out the sketches again I guess!
This is just a really simple quick card. I'm making a stack to use for Visiting Teaching. (church thing)
And those are my newest cards. Thanks for hanging in there. :)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are awesome! I especially like the ones with Fluffles and the doodling on the scallops - just too cool!

Elizabeth Royalty said...

Thanks for sharing all these fantastic cards. Excellent and adorable doodling on the scallops. But I must say, that first one is a real HOOT! (oops, wrong kind of bird) seriously, though, he gave me a good case of the chuckles - LOVE IT!

Heidi said...

These are all so cute! I just love the simplicity of them and the doodles are great!

Tami Bayer said...

Adorable cards, Erin. They were definitely worth the wait. I adore the pirate bird.