Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tulips out the window!

So here's the backstory, you remember my AWESOME LSS, the one with the great sales and Jodie works there (HI JODIE) (she doesn't actually READ the blog, I gotta shout at her) Well anyhow a few weeks back I was in and they had this beautiful stamp in the super discount bin so you know what I had to do!


Right, I had to buy it. Then I tried to color it. WOW it was bad. I almost threw the thing out the window! So before drastic stamp chuckings I put a post on The Stamp Shack and wouldn't you know those girls had ideas.

The pink one here is the "torn paper technique". You just stamp it a few times on different paper and tear them and glue them back. I did it all in strips like this because I'm a nut, but all the other ones I've seen have been done randomly. I did like this though.


Then I got out my alcohol Inks. I'm not a fan of them. Anyhow this is acceptable. I glued the whole image to a piece of chipboard and inked the edges. I don't know why, it just seemed to need the really firm base.

I'll post more later, I have to be at Costco at 11 and just realized it's after 10!

7 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

Beautiful work. I just tried the torn technique myself and love it :)

Teresa

laos348 said...

I am so glad you tried the torn paper technique with this stamp - it just screams out for that! I haven't tried it yet but I would do it the same way as you with the straight strips - I LOVE the finished card!

Tami Bayer said...

Fantastic cards, Erin. I love that you tried something different for this unusual stamp. I'll have to give the torn paper thing a go.

Stacy Sheldon said...

these are beautiful!
gives me more ideas of what to do with mine too! :)

bcgal00 Rae said...

Looks gorgeous!! Beautiful colors!

Jodie said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for the shout out. I do read the blogs, I just don't comment. Love the cards by the way, great job!

Colleen Schaan said...

This is an amazing card. I think the stamp is just gorgeous and I would LOVE to know who makes it...I have never seen it before. Stunning.