Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another Christmas Tag



This is my tag for the "Snowman only" Christmas tag swap that Sherri is hostessing. It is this huge snowman tag I got on clearance for just $2.60 at Hobby Lobby. It had a funky checker border so I just lifted that part of the rubber and cut it off! I LOVE it as just the scene and no border and I almost didn't get it because of that stupid border.

I watercolored the image, the blue is real live watercolor paint from my painting days. (no, I'm not some talanted painter, it was a disaster, I just have paints left.) I don't know if you can tell but there is glitter on all the falling snow and the star. OH and to color the black cat I colored it first in blue then again in black but with some of the blue showing as highlights. I have a hard time with solid black animals but this seemed to work ok for me.

I'm really happy with how this one turned out.

6 comments:

Laura said...

So Cute!!!

Brandy said...

I love this tag. How did you cut it out? A template? Your coloring is beautiful.

shuggy said...

and you were worried...so cute!

Jodie said...

Very cute tag, and see I do read your Blog LOL!

marja said...

what a lovely christmas tag erin!!!
so cute and so lovely!!!!

marja

Swamp Tulip said...

ADORABLE! I haven't thought about Christmas anything yet. Great job!

Teresa