Thursday, September 20, 2007

New stamps

Earlier this week I got a huge box of stamps from Gina K. I ordered all the Carolyn King stamps and the Make a Wish set.
Brian and Stephen both love bears so I'm sure this little guy will be used over and over. I totally love how the Carolyn King stamps have phrases that go with each image. I have millions of phrase stamps but it's even easier to have them right there ya know? I colored this bear with watercolor pencil and blender pen. my favorite blender pen is Dove. (it's more like a marker but I think they still call it "pen")
This is from the Make a Wish set. I colored it with Tombow markers blended with waterbrush. I don't love this technique. You scribble the marker right on the paper then blend it. I couldn't get it to blend like I wanted. But it was something new to try so that's good. :) The background stamp is by Cornish Heritage.
I took this pic several times and I'm not sure why it's blurry. But in RL it's not blurry. It's a really simple subtle sympathy card. I really like this prhase for sympathy. I never say to someone, "I have sympathy for you" or anything like that but I totally would say, "Wishing you peace and comfort" so this is perfect I think. I have been on a long search for the perfect sympathy saying. Unfortunately it comes up a lot. I tell myself that by knowing and loveing so many people it's bound to come up more.
This is my number one favorite new image. It's from the Carolyn King collection as well (I got the set that had all of them) this little boy reminds me of my oldest son, who loves rain and puddles and has this stuffed puppy named "Puppy" who goes everywhere with him. I colored this with copic and Prismacolor markers.

No comments: