Saturday, September 15, 2007

Robot Family


This would be my little family. If we were robots. And had a dog.
The main image is Eat Cake Graphics. I just love this stamp. I rekon it's for a kid's card mostly. Or a really silly friend? Anyhow I love it. After I was done it occured to me I should have colored them gray like a normal robot then added color on the little accent pieces. I'll try that next time. I do like this super colorful one too though. I colored with prismacolor and copic markers. The patern paper is from the Nana's Kids paper stack and the little phrase is by Green Grass.
Random tip: I bet you ALL already know this but poor Erin just figured it out TODAY. Pick your patern paper out THEN color your image. I always get to excited to do the stamping and coloring that I do that then try to find paper that matches. I have a lot of paper, but still often would not have any that would "go" so I'd have to use solids. I do love cards with solids too but sometimes I wanted to use patern paper and couldn't. So that's the tip. And it's why these crazy robots match the paper.
In other news I got a KitchenAid stand up mixer today! It's dark red. Not that bright red one you are thinking of a darker red. I got the 450 watt one with the lift bowl. I got a great price at the outlet mall. Love that outlet mall. Anyhow there is a whole story about it and a photo on my other blog.

10 comments:

Chelsey said...

Cool card Erin love the colors very bright and something kids and adults alike would like. is teh shack down? i cant seem to get on

Suzi said...

This is awesome!! I think it is very kid friendly but I would not be upset if I rec'd a card like this!

I notice that you seem to do most of your stamping on white & then color. Maybe this is why I LOVE all your cards & am not impressed w/my own. I guess I need to get more comfortable coloring cards. I wish I lived closer to you so I could have you teach me how to color.

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job Erin. Your robots are adorable and they are perfect!

Teresa

pescbrico said...

What a cool family! I love the way you did the card.

Admin said...

Very cute card, love the vibrancy of it. Those robots are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love your card & I LOVE your mixer!! I am green with envy!! I don't think I knew about your other blog ~~ CRAP!!! Now I have to find some extra time to go check out the whole thing!! I have a mixer that was my mom's wedding present, LOL!! Only 40 years but it still works!! Slowly, but it works!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card Erin - awesome. Oh, and congrats on the mixer. I know you've been coveting one a while!

Brandy

BarbK said...

Oh, I like this card, Erin. Just the things for little boys!

Scrappy Moments said...

What a darling Crad, so Bright and Cheery :)

Angie
www.scrapnmomsmoments.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! And hey, I'm no longer anonymous!