Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Done with cake class.

Tonight was the last night of my Wilton Course 2 cake decorating class. I really enjoyed the classes. There were fun girls in with me. Tonight I made this:
Here is a closeup of the flowers.
It was really not hard but time consumeing. See the flowers we have been working on for weeks. We would make a few different ones each week then let them dry. They are royal icing flowers, they dry totally hard. They taste sorta like those dots candy that are on a strip of paper, you know the ones? Ok, so we'd make a few each week, If I had to sit down and make all these icing colors and make all these flowers it would take hours. Then the basket weave takes about an hour for me, I'm sure I'd get faster over time. The rope border is super easy and took no more time than any other border. Then you glue the flowers on with globs of icing. Then add the leaves.

so... will I be making piles more cakes this complex.. probably not.

For those who like to imagine eating the cake it's spice cake with pumpkin pie spice flavored buttercream icing and filling. The flowers are boring royal and taste like sugar because that's pretty much all they are.

I will be taking this cake to my church's Fall Festival this Friday night. If you live in the area and want a slice that's where it will be 6:30pm at the LDS (Latter-Day-Saints) church on Hendricks Ave. :)

6 comments:

LORi said...

WOW! I am super impressed! You posted on my blog www.byloridesigns.blogspot.com
so I followed you back to your blog!!! Your boys are sooo cute!!

pescbrico said...

WOW! What a beautifull, awesome, extraordinary cake! I love the waving around it, the border, the flowers. Wow, you have learned well!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOWWWW, I love your cake! It looks great! And you also make beautiful craft projects!

xxxMarieke

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! This is AWESOME! Looks almost too good to eat (almost)! You got skillz!! :)

Heather Grow said...

Wow, Erin. That cake is fabulous! I hope that you keep practicing so you don't forget what you learned.

The chicks dig me card is super cute.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my goodness! This is GORGEOUS! WOW! You are so good (and the cake looks mighty tasty too!)