Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Halloween Cupcakes!

I'm not really sure why. I just wanted to.


It's white cake died orange with black swirls in it, then orange colored buttercream frosting with these "edible glitter" sparkels on it (they are shiny) and black royal frosting roses.
For the record it takes a whole jar of black wilton die to make one batch of black royal icing and then you can taste the black and it's just yucky. but it's lovely!
I have more of this black left over so I may well be making more black icing creations later.

4 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Those roses look awesome Erin! I cant believe it takes the whole freakin jar though... yech.

Sherri Thacker said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. These look really yummy!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I'm drooling!! Oooo they look tasty!

Anonymous said...

Erin - the flowers look great. I know it seems like a lot of coloring to get black, but try putting some black coloring in your icing and let it sit for a bit. The longer it sits, the darker it gets. (Be sure to cover the icing with a wet paper towel so it doesn't dry out (but you already knew that). Great job