Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More cupcakes, black and white.


Today's cupcakes have a dark, not too sweet, cake toped with real butter buttercream icing. There is a touch of almond flavor and vanilla in the buttercream. See this swirl? Here's how it's done.
  • First purchase a 1M Wilton tip. It's sold individually or in the cupcake decorating kit. The cupcake kit is the only place you can get the bizmark tip (used to put filling in cupcakes) so I got the kit because I wanted that tip too. (the kit has a few other tips and some disposable bags too)
  • Put it on your bag, I don't use a coupler with this tip as it's a larger tip and I don't have any larger couplers. I just cut the bag and stick the tip in.
  • Fill your bag.
  • Pick up your cupcake and hold your tip at a 90 degree angle to the cake, just above the cake. CENTER of the cake. (this is what makes it cool, the book tells me to start at the outside and that's a totally different look)
  • Start squeezing, when it comes up to the tip start to pull your tip around in a tight spiral, go around and around until you cover the whole cake. Even pressure the whole time. (It's always more pressure than I think it should be)
It's super easy and sorta looks like a rose on each cake.
I think the white on black is very classy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful and look so yummy!

Swamp Tulip said...

They look so beautiful and SOOOOO yummy! How pretty they'd be for a wedding shower or winter party.

Great job.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

yum. really, you should send me one!! I would say very nice things about it.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Erin, these are amazing! You've become a professional cupcake baker/decorater. Oh these are so beautiful and look yummy, yummy, YUMMY! (I love it that you put a touch of almond flavor in the icing!)

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!! I used to be a cake decorator and LOVED it! I must try these!! :)

Tami Bayer said...

Those look just like beautiful white roses....yummy!