Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blue Moon Caardvark Challange

This card is for a challange on the Caardvark blog. It's called "Blue Moon" and you are to use blue or a celestial theme. I went with blue. Although I also have those stars, so I could claim that I guess too.
To make this neato background I took a sheet of watercolor paper and put it on this huge board I have for these messy type projects. The I added several drops (didn't count) of aqua reinker to a water spray thingie. With water in it. I sprayed the heck out of the paper. Really good and wet, Then even added some drops of the reinker straight on the paper. After that while it was still super wet I put corse salt all over it. Then let it dry over night. In the morning I brushed the salt off (some stuck) and this is what I got. I also sprayed the star ribbon stuff with the mixture too, it was white.
all stamps are by justjohanna.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That background kicks ass! Can I say that here? I totally love it :)

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow. Stunning work. Love this card

Anonymous said...

What a fun technique ... I need a "messy board" for projects like this ... just beautiful.

lauren bergold said...

oh yes indeedy...LOVE the background! love those cute birds! and yeah--well done for being blue AND celestial!!! :)

Kathi said...

Such a cool background. I gotta try that!

I also liked your descriptions of how you did it. Fun!

Jolene said...

I love the salt technique. The aqua is such a lovely shade. Thanks for playing along!

Eleanor said...

I love this! The background is so cool.