Friday, January 25, 2008

hippo, delight, sad, hi.

I didn't realize I have 4 totally unrelated cards to share today, but sometimes that's the way it works out.
Hippo card. The hippo and his cute butt tattoo are Gina K. The "L*O*V*E" is from the retired So Many Sayings SU set, the paper is from the dollar spot. This is the very last of my awesome pink satin ribbon! :( I ordered two spools of what I HOPE is the same ribbon from RABOM, so I'll let you know. I colored with copics. I drew that grass line myself with a pen.
Mint! I have been wanting mint paper for some time. This is the retired Mint Melody paper. Apparently everyone hates it. Not me though! Good news for me, I got PLENTY in the mail recently! :) The stamps are SU as well. I think they were last year's SAB set. I love this set. It's one of my favorite sets ever.
This card is for a sad reason. It's a RAK for a young mother who has cancer. If you are so inclined her name is Jill and she would love your prayers. She has two daughters, one about 3 and one 3 months. The cancer has spread. It's not good news.
The card uses the scraps from that salt paper I did, then a Hero Arts stamp.

This card is one that looked so much better in my head. It's not total poop, but it's not really what I had in mind. I had never covered chipboard with paper though so that went smootly and I am happy with that. No stamping either!

Oh guess what you will not see anymore on my blog! "I colored with my prismacolor and copic markers". I sold all my prismacolor markers last night. I figured out I'm really always prefering the copics so I will just buy what I need to finish off my collection of those. Or maybe I'll win a set from Gina K? A girl can always dream can't she?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, my sympathies for your friend Jill. How horribly sad and unfair. There's always hope, however.

Second, these cards are gorgeous!!! The one for Jill is so soft and perfect and the Hippo one rocks! All 4 are great!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Erin, your cards are each unique and beautiful.

My prayers go out to your friend, Jill.

~ Jennifer