Saturday, March 08, 2008

Playing with Papertrey

I received my Papertrey order on Thursday. (less than a week for shipping!) I got a few stamp sets, the new paper, the "old" white paper and some of the ribbon. Of course I had to start stamping right away.

This first card I really like. I hope I don't have to use it anytime soon. I stamped with versafine ink, then colored the leaves with tombow markers. This set is Out on a Limb. I love that there are extra leaves, or flowers or those berry thingies. Then you can do the limb and have whatever it is falling off too.

Next I got out my new Polka Dot Basics set. This set, by the way, is what pushed me to finally do a PTI order. I had some things on my list, but this set I had to have so I sucked it up and did a big order.

Ok, so I stamped the large open circles. I did a full sheet of paper, over and over and over. They really do line up nice so it wasn't hard or anything. I knew I wanted to color in the circles to make my own patern paper. Then I decided to put the black dot inside. I did it sorta random. After that I cut the sheet into 4 sheets so I could color them all different and play.

First up is a card with one of my all time favorite The Angel Company stamps. I don't know what the name of this set was, I have it labled as "Snarky Cats and accessories" But that's not the real name. Also it's retired. :( The phrase comes from the Haute Coture set I think. *I got it in a grab bag I bought from TAC* The dots and the cat are colored with copic markers. I used the cool shadow marker to outline the cat.

While I was coloring Stephen said "Mommy, you color those eyes?" and I thought, "Hey, they DO look like eyes." Another of my favorite TAC sets is this Creepy Crawlie set. So I colored one sheet like it was creepy eyes. You can't see in this photo, but I also stamped "Have a creepy good day" and also some really creepy small bugs over and over on the black background. I did it in black ink, but in person you can see it. I colored with copic markers again. Added some googlie eyes on the monster and some glossy accents on the teeth and claw thingies.

I have two more sheets I will work with later. :)

8 comments:

Amy said...

That sympathy card is beautiful. The falling leaves that are still green are very impacting. Wow. It is really a great card.

Anonymous said...

So, do you like the new paper? Better than SU? I think I might have to place an order soon...let me know what you think of it, K? Love the cards!
Linz

Cathrine StClair said...

I really liked the falling leaves onthe sympathy card - its the perfect touch!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers EK ~ the sympathy card is super lovely! You certainly have skillz.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

MMM the simple elegance of your sympathy card is stunning!

Kathi said...

The sympathy card is lovely.

That patterned paper does look like eyes! I like your addition to them. Fun card.

I also think the paper looks like olives. Martini???

Jen said...

Everett thinks your bug/spider/eyes cards are "AWESOOOOME!"

I think they're pretty cool too! And the leaf one is really pretty!

Bethany Paull said...

Your sympathy card is so pretty. And perfectly simple and serene for the circumstances.