Tuesday, April 15, 2008

La La La La!

Doesn't the cat on the left look like he's singing? And the cat on the right, she's maybe not impressed? HAHA. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and first stamped this whole scene in my sketchbook. I didn't bother with making masks at that time. Then I looked at it and figured out what order the images should be stamped and masked. I came up with Cat's, Rocks, Pier, Grass. Although if that one grass had been in front of the pier it would have been nice too. Then I stamped the whole thing again, using the masks on Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper, which is my fav for copic coloring. I colored with copics. OH speaking of copics, I read somewhere that Ranger Adirondack dye ink was good for the copics. I got some and yes, I like it the best now. Ok, so after coloring I trimmed it down and assembled the card. All stamps are Eat Cake Graphics.
Next up is a card that has a robot family. I'm gonna tell you a family story that might let you know why this is such a funny card at my house. *might not be funny in the retelling though*

So we got to Epcot. It's awesome. They have this thing where you can build your own robot on a computer, then build one out of plastic parts. It's free and you can keep the robot. So we do it and the boys are in love with their robots. For some reason Stephen loves for me to say "I am a Robot." In a robot voice. Like all toddlers he loves the same joke over and over. Around the 500th time I say "I am a robot" Brian replies, "You are a huge nerd" in the voice of Triumph. *If you don't know who Triumph is, he's the puppet dog who insulted the rapper Emminem and, I kid you not, got in a feude with him for a while, yes, fancy pants rapper vs. puppet dog, we sided with the puppet dog, because dogs rock.* Hmmm. I knew that wasn't gonna be funny to anyone else.

Back to the card! This uses the adorable Cogsmo line from Cosmo Cricket. CUTE! I stamped the bots and colored with copic markers. This stamp is by Eat Cake Graphics too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I am soooo in love with this card! I am always so afraid to create "scenes"... but I love the idea of doing it in a sketch book first!

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

So totally cute- love your robot family. It could be us. ;)

Lim said...

Both cards are amazing.I love the first one,looks like the cat is singing. Maybe he can go to American Idol?. hahaha. And the second one. sooooooooooooo cute!. I love your family history.
I'm glad that you received the images. I will send you more soon. And by the way, for your comment in my blog about the elephant card...I will send it to you. :)
Hugs, Lim

Novell said...

I love these robots!!!

TJ said...

I love the signing cat. I wish she could be on your blog header ... like she's saysinging all the stuff on your blog.

Also - why are you posting things on your blog at 6:46AM. I mean I HAVE to be up and about at 6:46 AM but you don't. You should be sleeping. I would be if I could be.