Friday, July 25, 2008

A friend for Lola


Ethan really wanted to have the Lola doll, but I couldn't part with her. So I made him this "Ethan Doll" today. I'll be honest Ethan doesn't like this doll as much as he likes Lola. Then he told me he wanted a "Mommy" one instead. Sigh. I'm NOT making a doll of my fat self. I did a one piece thing for the neck, it's all attached THEN stuffed, to try to get him to not have such a floppy head. But now he has a super weird looking neck.
Are there any doll makers out there who can help a girl? I don't mind floppy arms and legs, but floppy heads? Although Sherri says she likes the heads floppy, maybe I should just embrace that as part of my style?

4 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

This doll is super cute! I love the faces you are putting on them! SO CUTE! Not sure about the floppy head thing! How fun would a tie be on this doll? I think Ethan would love it then! Oh and a belt!

Anonymous said...

Erin...OMGosh... these dolls are ADORABLE!!! you are so super talented!!! And lola....LOVE HER...floppy head and all!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Hahahahaahahaha you crack me up. Now I almost wanna make a doll of MY fat self, ALMOST heehee. This Ethan doll is WAY too cute. That's super sweet that he wants a mommy doll. You ROCK! I like the floppy necks but you could use underwire from an old bra or something to prop up the next neck (maybe?) Lovin lovin lovin these!

Anonymous said...

How cute! So tell me did the Ethan doll cheer up the Angry Lola doll? This is something I need to know!!

I am definitely not a doll maker, but maybe if the necks were shorter they would not be as floppy. Also you could sew something like a Popsicle stick inside to keep it stiffer. Possibly?