Thursday, July 10, 2008

Inspired by some favorite blogs!

Ok, so yall know I faithfully read like 100 blogs right? Thank heavens for Google Reader. *and thank Kim for showing me Google Reader*

Lately Mel has been driving me INSANE with her gesso cards. Yesterday I had to run out and buy me some gesso. I have made one card using it. I have to say this, I want to paint all my cardstock with gesso now! Regular ole tombow markers just blend and blend on it. I've never seen anything like it. Now this is just my first fun with the gesso, and I'm no Mel but look:


This gesso piece I died the gesso with a few drops of cool caribbean reinker *Oh and I'm low!!! someone save a girl and sell me some cool caribbean reinker STAT*. I stamped the image while it was still tacky because it has a lot of texture and I was afraid I wouldn't get a clear image if I waited. I'll try stamping on dry later. The this morning after it was all dry I colored with tombow markers. I also stamped over lightly with a background stamp and gray ink. Then edged with a silver leafing pen. I really enjoyed it.


The next card is inspired by Michelle Zindorff's creations. I stamped the flower on watercolor paper and watercolored it, then covered the whole thing with versamark pen and embossed with clear. The next step was to brayer inky blue Vivid! ink over the piece. I used a sponge too and the sponge to remove the ink from the image. I edged this one with silver leafing pen too.


Stamp Credits, the flower stamps are from a Stampin' Up! set that Tracey gave me. The script on both is the same French Script Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms.

4 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

NO WAY! These are SOOOOOOOOooooo pretty. I am so excited that you tried it & that the Tombow markers work great. I can't believe how ultra lovely that flower looks! (On both the pink & the blue cards.) Believe it or not I picked that exact stamp up & then hesitated & grabbed another. Now I'm glad I saw yours first because that soft pink is rockin' my world. I'm droolin' over how you turned the flower into a prima! OMG Brilliant!!! (Thank goodness I have that Natural Beauty set so I can case you.) CAN i case you? Pretty please with a cool caribbean reinker on top? heehee :0) (Seriously though, I do have one for ya.) Send me your snail mail, k?: melmc@telus.net

Thanks for the wicked sweet inspiration! hugs :0)

K Hutchinson said...

WOWZERS these are wicked! So incredible awesome! I love them both! I have to get my gesso out and try this!

Kathi said...

Sounds like you're having fun experimenting with techniques and mediums. Good for you!

You've done a great job with both techniques and created gorgeous cards. Very, very awesome considering they're your first attempts.

Annapurna said...

Love both of these. Very elegant. They look very simple, but can only imagine all the work that went into these.