Tuesday, August 05, 2008

More of the same

Purchased and added the pink border today. Got it at Joannes for just $2 a yard. I thought it went well with the vintage but cute look I have going on. The dark pink things are kittens. Awww. I'm going to put this pink on the back too. I'm going to bind it with the beige fabric.


I'm thinking for the quilting I'm gong to do cream thread and quilt around each block, not in the ditch, but around each and every block. Then do some free form qilting on the pink part. Unless that scares me too much in which case I'll do two rows of straight stitching on the pink part. Should I get/find pink thread for the pink part? I should right? I got pretty lightweight batting for it. We live in Florida and it's not like she will really use it to keep warm as much as to be a bit cozy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking great! It's so exciting when a quilt starts to come together isn't it? I'm sure it will be treasured!

K Hutchinson said...

IT is gorgeous! Love the border, it is exciting to see this come together! Thanks for letting us come on this journey with you!