Thursday, September 25, 2008

More progress on Brian's Gram's quilt

Well I did the sashing and the little blue square thingies where it meets up. I'm really happy with it so far. I just want to do some wide, like 5 inch, border in the yellow and the top will be done. :) close up of the little square part.
close up of a block and it's sashing.
With 3 yr old child for scale. (It's important when modeling with a quilt to look distressed and hold onto your "junk") And the top block is a full block, I just hung part over the fence, yall knew that right?
And folded up. I love pics of people's quilts folded up.
I also foun a white cotton that is EXACTLY the same shade of white that is in the white part on the quilt. EXACTLY. So I got that instead of muslin. Oh I think I forgot to tell you at all, the medium blue just wasn't cutting it for me. So I was going to do white muslin. But the muslin only came in white white and unbleached. This white cotton I got is PERFECTION. It was only $4 a yard. So I got it. :)

3 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

That is so cute!!!
I have some quilts that I need to take pics of, can I borrow your model???

K Hutchinson said...

WOW this is coming along so nice! IT is just GORGEOUS!

Charlene Austin said...

I would have had no idea what sashing was but after seeing this ....WOW...you made the right decision to do it. Awesome!!