Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Top done!

Ok I went with the slashing the quilt at the 3/4 then sewing in the fat yellow stripe bordered by thin red. What do you think? I'm really happy with it. (less happy that it's cloudy and I can't get a great picture)
Another view that shows the design more, but the colors are off.
So for quilting I'm going to NOT quilt in the red at all, then on all the fat stripes some free motion quilting, I'm thinking of sort of curvie lines that go all the way across the width of the stripe then back again the other direction. I can't explain it, but it's very clear in my own mind. haha.
Stephen loves it and says that it IS yellow enough.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I just love it! WOWZERS that is cool! So glad that Stephen loves it too!

Mary said...

Erin, you are kickin' butt at this sewing and quilting thing. I'm so in awe of you. Seriously girl, how do you do it? *jealous*

Thanh Vo said...

Oh man!!! Look at the size of that thing. You did good, Erin.