Thursday, May 14, 2009

More on quilting. And a card!

So last night I had to lay out the quilt blocks and see how it's coming. I really like it. There are one or two that will be getting the axe because they are all wrong or don't have enough contrast. Also I need a LOT more red. I really like red. Also this is 30 blocks. I need over 180 of them total for the huge quilt I'm making. and I made a super cute card! I LOVE this image. I love this card.

I colored with first one single layer of copic marker, then pencils and gamsol for shading. The stamps are by Gina K. The white paper is also Gina's paper. It's such a dream to stamp and color on. This is the layering weight.
I don't know who makes the yellow and blue papers. Probaby Stampin' UP but maybe Papertrey. I don't know because a few months ago I organized all my scraps into file folders. Since then I've not had to actually pull and cut any full sized sheets except a bit of white. Can you believe it?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your quilt blocks are coming along Great! There definitely will be a lot of them. :>

Cuuute is what came to mind when I saw your card1 Stash crafting is the best! I always forget to use my pencils with my prismacolor markers...thanks for reminding me! :>