Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sewing updates

I made another apron today. It's red, white and blue. The white is tiny stars. It's a very long apron. It's also nice and wide, with extra long ties. A skinny chick could wear it, but a normal or even "big" girl could too. I lined it with a vintage pillowcase. Good for the environment you know.
I also laid out all the squares I've done so far for the Quilt A Long. I need about twice this many to finish it but I can get an idea of how the quilt is coming along. I will be using white sashing, so this really gives an idea.
I was very worried that I had too much black in the quilt, but now that I see it laid out I think I want more black. Which is good because I really like black. And STILL I need more red. It's really something, I keep putting more and more red and still not having enough.