Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Fun stuff.

First of all I'm FINALLY feeling better. I'm sleeping all night and not coughing tons. I'm still tired easily, but WAY better.

So Marcia picked out this cat print ages ago. I was going to make a simple little bag. Then she got a laptop and decided she wanted a custom tote that would hold her laptop, her cords and mouse and maybe a bit more. The whole outside of the bag is quilted with a meander pattern. The bag is large, she didn't want it snug on the laptop. There is a quilted divider inside that will protect the actual computer from the cords and such. Also two inside pockets for whatever. And a magnetic snap closure.
In other fun news I ordered two Neptune charm packs. I LOVE the Neptune line. I got these for a song at Pink Chalk Studio. I highly recomend them for fabrics, also their patterns are unique and fun. I am going to make a baby quilt with these.
I also ordered 18 fat eights from Fabric Closet on Etsy. Besides having a FAB selection of fabrics she will cut you a fat eights of anything she has! Which is perfect for my ongoing 9 patch for my bed. I wanted all these fabrics, but not necessarly whole fat quarters ya know? SIGH fabric bliss. Actually I'm already thinking of ordering more from her.
Both Pink Chalk and Fabric Closet shipped super quick. I had ordered from Pink Chalk before so no suprise there, but I'm so happy to have found a new seller that I can trust too. *for the record I have had nothing but great experiences from Etsy*

So it looks like I have some sewing to do!

No comments: