Monday, January 25, 2010

Just for Suzi

And anyone else who is interested.

The Hero Arts designer woodgrain stamp is wood mounted. I fell in love with it on KWerner's blog. (I've mentioned I love her right?) I thought it was cling, but I was wrong it comes only in wood. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll move on and go to using it only occasionally, but so far I've used it on almost every single card I've done. There are a TON of stamps in the new Hero Arts catalog I love.

It is my ONLY wood mounted background stamp. Almost all my other background stamps come from Cornish Heritage farms. And all of them are cling mounted. (Like the newer Hero Arts ones.) I have a huge background sized clear block I stick them on. I have heard you don't need the block you can just lay them face up on your desk and push your cardstock into the stamp. I have not have the best luck with this. so I mount them on that huge background sized clear block. (I got that one with most of my other ones in a kit from The Angel Company.) I've been working with the leaving the stamp flat and putting the cardstock on the stamp. I'm not sure I prefer it. Still working on that.

On the bird card in my last post I did ink the one stamp with two colors. Easy goes to peasy!

Love you Suzi!

1 comment:

Suzi said...

You big kook!! Thanks. I have a HUGE block but no unmounted stamps. I was thinking of unmounting my SU ones but that feels like a violation. I guess I'll buy an unmounted one soon & give it a try. LOVE the wood grain. You ROCK girlie!!