Friday, January 22, 2010

Skech Challange 264 Butterfly and Bird

I made these cards for the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challange 264
The first one uses a butterfly by Cornish Heritage Farms. I have this weird shimmery paper. It is a light silvery color, it feels sort of like wallpaper. I'm not sure where I got it, but I thought it might be nice with the butterfly. I smeared orange, pink and red inks on it, heat set that, then stamped the butterfly. I wanted to emboss just the butterfly, but even after heat setting the colors were wet enough to make the EP stick. So I went with it. The end result is very odd. It looks like fabric, but feels like thermal embossing. I decided to keep it though and finish the card. Oh and FOUR pattern papers! It's a record for me I think. This one is much simpler in construction. Stamped a scene on the pattern paper, colored with blender marker and markers. I really like coloring a scene stamped on a subtle pattern paper. These stamps are by Cornish Heritage Farms in the Kim Hughes Collection. This one also uses four pattern papers. The long blue is just stamped cardstock, but with the main piece being a pattern I still got four in.
In Other News: Both my small Hero Arts order (a wood grain stamp and the actual catalog) and my fairly large Stampin' Up! orders came in yesterday. Woohoo! I LOVE my new stuff. I already made some projects that I'll be showing you over the next few days. And the Hero Arts catalog ROCKS. If you like simple designed cards you should consider getting that catalog. Really fun sweet cards in there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such sweet cards! WOW 4 pattern papers! You rock girlie!

Suzi said...

Awesome cards, as usual! The first one looks really cool. I have that same SU paper from the 2nd card & LOVE those stamps!!