Saturday, January 23, 2010

thanks

Get ready, the Designer Woodgrain background stamp by Hero Arts will be in a lot of my cards.

This one uses the little "thank you s" sizzlit die that is in the Stampin' Up! catalog. I make a TON of "Thank you" cards. People are good to me. I have lots to be thankful for. So I knew I'd make good use out of this die.

I tried to do it with chipboard and it wouldn't cut through it! BUMMER. But then I had my most clever idea ever. I stamped the woodgrain on cardstock, then backed the cardstock with miracle tape, (Miracle tape is double sided tape with a release liner. I get it at www.stamp.com and HIGHLY recomend it, it's very sticky and very cheap. Actually until I got my ATG I used it for all my sticking.) didn't remove the liner and die cut. The result? Diecut sticker letters. YUMMY. The card is otherwise crazy simple. Cool fold where the top flap isn't as big as the bottom. This was because I had only exactly this much Crushed Curry cardstock, but turns out I love it!
And this flower inside. Now I'm not totally sure the flower "goes" might have been better to just stamp the woodgrain on the inside brown part? I dunno.
In other news: I know with all my recent ordering this is going to sound obscene, but I'm thinking of joining one of those monthly clubs. I used to do Self Addressed and liked it. I really like to have fresh stuff to work with. And if it all went together I feel like I'd just make and make and make with the stuff. I don't know that I need stamps in the kit, I have tons, pattern paper and embelishments mostly. I have $100 a month as my "crafting budget" which also includes makeup... so I don't want to spend any more than like $40 including shipping. I mean that would only leave me with $60... I just LOVE getting packages. LOVE IT.
So I'm thinking about Studio Calico. Does anyone have other suggestions? I quit Self Addressed because the stamps were always Purple Onion and they were just not my taste. I don't need 12x12 papers because I almost always make cards. And I don't do digital. AT ALL. I respect it as an art, I just don't enjoy it.

No comments: