Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jenny Butterfly

When I saw that my Scarlet Lime kit would have a Jenny Bowland butterfly in it I knew I'd make this exact card. The little trail is by Papertrey from the Little Lady set. I spent most of the time for this card deciding if I wanted the trail to actually be stamped in color like this or if I wanted to pierce it. I'm not positive I made the right choice, but I'm pretty happy with this card.

I don't know if anyone noticed but I've been using a ton of Papertrey's Rustic Cream and Rustic White. I'm loving those colors right now. It's odd for me, for years, and I mean like ten years, I would not touch a paper with flecks of fiber in it. When I was in college I worked at a copy shop. One color we had in cardstock was called confetti. It was white with all sorts of colored flecks in it. It was hugely popular. I mean it's popularity was far beyond it's actual value I thought. I found it so frustrating when someone would design a perfectly nice looking cover or something then put it on this garash cardstock. I think that ruined me!

But nothing garash (garish?) about Rustic Cream and Rustic White. They are so nice.

So I'm going to make some coconut cupcakes today. I think... I'm VERY tired. But if I get the energy I"ll make them. I have fresh coconut. That I got into with a hammer.

I think I'm going to take a nap now though.

No comments: