Friday, April 09, 2010

More sktechy cards

First here is a silly picture my son insisted on taking of me. With my cards. Ok today I'm going to share two of the Go To Sketches inspired card. This personal challange has been beyond fun! I'm going to keep it up.
The papers on the B*DAY card are by College Press's Joyride collection. It's a Christmas line but I love it so much that I am trying to use it on non-Christmas stuff too. This was one of the hardest sketches in the book for me. And on my card all those shades of red (which did all come from the collection) freak me out. But I think it's still a worthy card.
The next one is one of my favorite sketches EVER. I loved the sample card by Latisha Yoast (We are still in the Teri Anderson section of sketches.) so well that I made my card very similar. I even used the same stamp! Latisha used some YUMMY purple Prima flowers, I didn't have any quite that fancy, so I pulled out my collection of punched 3D flowers I had made. OH and her card is 2.5"x5.25". Mine is 3"x5.25" because I knew my flowers were so huge. I LOVE this adorable size. That's one thing I've noticed in the book-a-zine, LOTS of cards that are different sizes! So I'm trying to take that to heart as well.
The cardstocks are Papertrey's white, kraft and black and Stampin' Up!'s retired Cool Caribbean. Stampin Up! scallop circle punch and Papertrey's Mixed Messages greeting. LOVELY!
So everyone is talking about the Stampin' Up! color rework. I have to say I'm crazy excited. Odd about the no purples and no primary/secondary yellow, blue, orange, green. But I'm ok with it. The thing that gets me is they brought back some old In Colors, but not Cool Caribbean! BEST COLOR EVER. I am almost out too. I have the Papertrey Aqua Mist and SU Soft Sky, but neither is REALLY as great. :( Oh well, should have bought more.
In Other News:
Tomorrow is the big Birthday Party for Stephen. Brian vetoed my cheap out and not get pizza bagels idea, so it's back to being discusting expensive. I mean it's really ok. I've just never planned a big birthday party, so the total cost kinda snuck up on me. I'm telling myself it's about the same as two Papertrey orders, so that's not really SO bad. Or one good Stampin' Up! order. Actually that did make me feel better!
I'm excited because I was able to find enough junk to make it a Bakugon Theme. If you don't know what Bakugon are, good for you. I feel like my LIFE is Bakugon themem right now. I found plates, napkins, treat bags, cups, table topper thingie, stickers for in the goodie bag and I bought a plate to the balloon store when I ordered and got maroon, gold and yellow balloons to match the theme. (black would have worked better than yellow, but that is the kid's favorite color and they have "5" all over them, so I went with it).
The cake is not Bakugon. With me having been sick I let him get any cake he wanted: From Costco. He picked a rainbow one. *sigh* On chocolate, with chocolate inside. BLAH. But he's happy. We pick it up today.
I probably won't post tomorrow, sounds like a busy day. So you get two cards today. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i love this card how did you make the flowers?