Friday, May 28, 2010

Fourth Friday Challange Start to finish

So this week is the Fourth Friday Challange with the Paper Garden Projects Blog. Click HERE to enter the challange and see all the deets. Basicly make a girly card, upload it, use the frog likn on that post I gave you and whammo you are entered to win a super duper cute stamp!

On to my project! The first step for me is usually flipping through my idea book or magazines and getting an inspiration. It could be a sketch or colors or just an idea. The paper pieced girl with the umbrella here is my inspiration. I liked the colors on kraft and the paper piecing. Then I pull some products for the card. Kraft cardstock, fun print paper and a cute girl stamp. I know I'll need these scissors too!
Stamp the girl a few times on print papers. I figured I'd need all three prints to really dress her the way I wanted to. Then the one on the cream is for the parts of her I will color.
Color the girl and arrange the paper piecing. It's not glued down yet, I'm checking to make sure I like it. I also drew in a grass line and sponged in clouds.
This next step is the longest for me. If I have a sketch it's easy I just use the sketch. If I don't like this card I put my stuff I want to use in a little pile and stare at it for a while.
Got some more stuff out and stared at it some more.
Stamped a sentiment. More staring. (Did really dig that sentiment with this girl though.)
Then whipped it up into a card. Here is another close up of the piecing. I really like it. I want this dress.
Here is a cute little button accent I made for it.
And here is the finished card. Ta-DA!!!
Ok here's all what I used:
Thrift Shop Print paper by October Afternoon *Which is on sale 20% off this very moment!
Everything else is random stuff I found in my stash. :)
Ok Don't forget to go enter the giveaway contest. We all love to make frilly girly cards so it's EASY. The prize is THIS super cute stamp. Hey! I want that stamp! Can I enter? haha kidding
PS, the winner for my stamp set giveaway will be tomorrow, I forgot that I'd want to keep this post on top all day and not put the stamp set thing on there too. So it will be one more day, and I'll add a treat to the package for the winner!

6 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Way to go Erin! This might be my favorite Erin card as of yet. I love all the paper piecing.

Cinda said...

This is an ADORABLE card!!! I always like your stuff, but I really love this one!!!

shuggy said...

cute card erin!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

OK... I totally love this post!! A peek into the creative mind of Erin K - it made me smile. And it really is an amazing card.

Dawn said...

Oh my!!! What you have done with that image is AMAZING! Love it!!

Alyssa S said...

This is beautiful! Love her dress ;o)