Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello card

This is another Go To Sketches card, I like how this turned out. The flower tag thing is actually the product tag from the Liberty of London basket thing I got (seen in the background of this photo). I colored the flower with copice and white embossed the "hello" on it. Easy goes to peasy. Also I don't think I've shared these yet. I got the most amazing embelishments from My Button Boutique Etsy store:
They are hadmade flatback "buttons". I mean for embelishment there is not a way to sew them to a sweater or anything. But perfect for papercrafters! I used one on a scrapbook page for Stephen's school, but it was kinda silly, I pretty much just let Stephen use it.

I don't know if you recognize any, but she uses print papers to make them, they are covered or laminated with some thin plastic too so they are not frail like a paper button. I totally love them. I bought the bulk supply in multi and black/white. She shipped super quick too! I love getting stuff on Etsy. Gives me warm fuzzies. :)
Tomorrow is Stephen's last day of VPK. he says it doesn't really count either because it's a party all day. I'm so excited because I've been having to wake him up every day, which means he will most likely sleep a bit later. So I'll get to sleep in. I lately look forward to sleep like other folks look forward to trips to Disney World. I feel totally fine now in the pregnancy, except TIRED. The school was great, he learned tons and had a super fun time with friends, but he's looking forward to summer and then Kindergarden.

3 comments:

Mrs. Fence said...

Oooh, Erin, love those buttons and your card is fabulous! If you don't mind, I might have to "lift" that one!

Nancy said...

Love this -- I saved one of those Liberty of London tags to use on a card too!!

And those buttons!! Holy cow. . . I see a serious addiction starting here. The first sign I'm a goner is immediately wondering where/how I can store them in large quantities, LOL!!!

Thanks for sharing your find! I've got the store bookmarked now.

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

You are doing great with those sketches - I admire your dedication. I probably would have wondered off to go eat some cookies by now :)

Those buttons are awesome!