Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Surgery, colds and my mom.

I had a bit of surgery last Monday. It went well but knocked me on my butt. Then I got this super cold that is going around. I actually cried yesterday I felt so bad. UGH. I'm sure you want to know more about the surgery though? I had girly stuff done. I can't have babies anymore. But that's not WHY I did it, I was having problems, and this is a two birds one stone solution. Because I have enough  babies. The perfect number of babies. Anyhow fairly minor, but I'm taking a while to feel 100%, then I came down with this nasty cold. 

The good news is that my mom came up to help me out for about 5 days. Awesome! My mom rocks. She spoiled me and my kids. She cooked and cleaned. She sang me Soft Kitty and rubbed my back. She took the kids to and from school. She read books with them. Awesome. 

The last day she was here I was feeling a bit better and she took me shopping. Yippee!
Look at this amazing Octopus picture! She also got me the floral/shell stuff that is in the blue vase and the birds. 
 These are not from mom, but I have not shown them. I got these on vacation, then framed them. I love them.
 Mom also brought me this painting. It has been in her house for a while and I coveted it, now it's mine!
 She also bought me a new shower curtain. Which needed a new liner, and hooks, then also new bath mats. But it is an amazing transformation! I liked my bathroom before, but this is awesome. I moved the old curtain to the boys' bathroom and it looks awesome there! So it's like TWO new rooms!
I realized I didn't take any pictures OF my mom while she was here. Imagine a slightly older, skinnier version of me reading to my kids here:




Nice isn't it! :) 

Well I'm going to go nurse this cold more. Talk to you soon.

No comments: